Fish Cafe Balgowlah is honoured to be recognised for the 2016 Awards For Excellence, winning the prestigious Sydney Metropolitan Consumer Vote Award 2016.
Owner Con Ioannides and Head Chef Julian Halfacree owe their success to hard work, dedication and a great team whom together, work tirelessly to earn them such high recognition.
The top honours at this year’s NSW Restaurant & Catering Australia Awards for Excellence went to Quay, which won Restaurant of the Year for the third consecutive year. Over 900 of the state’s best metropolitan and regional operators gathered in Sydney to celebrate the award announcements.
The winners of the major award categories include:
- Sydney Metropolitan Restaurant of the Year: Quay, The Rocks
- NSW Regional Restaurant of the Year:Hobarts by Lesley Taylor, New Lambton
- Sydney Metropolitan Caterer of the Year: Blond Catering, Brickworks Design Studio
- NSW Regional Caterer of the Year:Estate Tuscany, Pokolbin
- Sydney Metropolitan Café of the Year: Little Jean, Double Bay
- NSW Regional Café of the Year: Bent on Food, Wingham
- Sydney Metropolitan Consumer Vote Award: Fish Café Balgowlah
- Northern Consumer Vote Award: Table 1 Espresso, Merewether
- Southern Consumer Vote Award: Kohli’s Indian, Nowra
- Lifetime Achiever: Neil Slater
- Hall of Fame: Serge Dansereau
- Restaurateur of the Year: Steve Anastasiou